Thursday, 29 May 2014

Rollup, Rollup! The Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush Comes To Town!

Source: what jess does next // Look what has taken up a place in my makeup collection 
The Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blushes have been a thing of beauty that I have admired from afar for months. When they launched in the UK and received rave reviews from beauty bloggers and makeup lovers I was instantly hooked. They seemed to offer light and colour and shading in a natural way and I thought they would make a great replacement for my much loved MAC Star Wonder MSF blush which does much of the same and I have raved about before. They even made my wish list a few months ago as my one sided love affair with them continued! 

Well, I am very excited to announce that after all this time an Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush now holds a very prized place in my makeup collection! On my trip to Melbourne I bit the bullet and visited the Hourglass stand at Mecca in Myer on Bourke Street and had a bit of a drool over the amazing shades before getting a bit of a pamper from the sales assistant (who, again, I have naughtily forgotten the name of but she rocked an amazing red eyeshadow look right around the eyes and we again bonded over our love of UK beauty bloggers) and picking up one of my own. 
When I reviewed swatches and read some commentaries it was the shades Mood Infusion and Diffused Heat that caught all of my attention and lusting. They seemed to offer a pop of colour that was similar to the MAC Star Wonder, and I loved their plummy and pink shades. But after the assistant applied Dim Infusion to my cheeks everything I thought I knew and wanted changed and it was the warm apricot shade that made it home with me. 

The packaging is gorgeous, with a rosy gold plastic compact that offers a very satisfying click when closed. Though it is plastic it feels solid and secure, not at all cheap, and I have no fear of it getting crushed in my makeup bag. There is a god sized, and great quality, mirror in the lid which is rather handy. Even the packaging and luxury of its presentation makes it worth the $50 price tag and the product inside just adds to the value!

The blush itself has a lovely swirl of the bright apricot pigment (which does lean slightly pinkish but not in a bad way) with the dim light powder. The box it comes in says that it offers a 'truly multidimensional blush that enhances cheeks with seamless soft-focus colour, and a natural radiant finish', and I have to say that I totally agree. It feels soft and luxurious when applied to the cheeks and a light swirl picks up a great amount of colour. The colour is natural but you can still tell that there is a little sumin' sumin' going on, and it is easily built up for added brightness without going too chalky or messy. It is also free of paragons, talc, fragrance, nano particles and interestingly, gluten. 

I have been loving this blush and am glad to report that all of the rave reviews are spot on which is good, because my one sided love affair with this blush is now justified! 

Have you got any of these blushes? What makeup item are you lusting after? 

3 comments:

  1. Ohh it looks beautiful! Will probably last ages anyway so worth it! Oh so many things I'm lusting after - want some new palettes super bad! x

    Jasmin Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Having it last ages is awesome justification I think! I would love some new palettes as well, a few I have my eye on at the moment!

      Delete
  2. I never seen these products here, but it sounds like they are great! The color is perfect :)
    Currently lusting after more pink tones of lipstick and a new cleanser.

    ReplyDelete

jump on board... the drinks are free.